Everything that you need to know about public liability insurance
Many businesses often come in contact with the general public and sometimes interacting with them comes up with various associated risks. For an example, even the incident of a customer slipping and falling on a wet floor can result in a lawsuit. Public liability insurance is to help protect your business from such unforeseen incidents.
Public liability insurance covers the cost of claims made by the public that happen in connection with your business activities. However, it provides cover to only the incidents that happen on your business property.
Benefits of public liability insurance
A public liability insurance is extremely beneficial in for the following events.
- Bodily Injury: Public liability insurance helps to cover expenses if someone is injured.
- Property Damage: It covers your business against any basic third-party liability arising from damages that occurred to the property of others.
- Legal Expenses: It also covers the cost of hiring and paying an attorney to represent your business in a lawsuit brought by a customer or someone else is covered by the policy.
Depending on the operations if your business, you can choose from one of the 3 types of public liability insurance.
- Public Liability Industrial Risks - For Manufacturing Units
- Public Liability Non-Industrial Risks - For non-manufacturing entities like offices, hotels, schools, restaurants and clubs
- Public Liability Act - Business units that are dealing with hazardous substances as per the Public Liability Act of 1991
At Unison, we have an experienced team with a wealth of knowledge in public liability insurance. We analyze your business risks and provide you insurance solutions tailored to your needs.