Understanding Pollution Legal Liability Insurance
Many modern business use chemicals, petrochemicals, construction materials, and energy sources that generate hazardous waste material, which could lead to pollution in various degrees. Todaythe general public is increasingly sceptical and cautious against such companies due to the rising environmental concerns. Hence, it is important for such business to have pollution legal liability to protect their entity against environmental liability.
Pollution legal liability insurance offers comprehensive coverage against environmental risks which are involved with operating a manufacturing unit. It offers coverage to your finances against clean-up costs, bodily injury claims and property damage.
The coverage of pollution legal liability insurance is basically divided into two, on-site and off-site. As the name suggests, on-site cover offers overage to incidents happening on your business premises and off-site offers coverage to the incident happening outside the premises.
Let us take a look at those
- Third party claims for on-site (under the insured property) clean-up cost of pre-existing conditions
- Third party claims for on-site clean-up from new conditions
- Third party claims for on-site physical injury and property damage caused by pollution conditions
- Third party claims for off-site clean-up cost resulting from pre-existing conditions
- Third party claims for off-site clean-up cost resulting from new conditions
- Third party claims for off-site injury and property damage caused by pollution
It is imperative for any modern businesses to have pollution legal liability insurance in their risk coverage strategy. At Unison, we have a dedicated team with years of experience in the field, who will assess your risk and offer the coverage suited to your businesses’ risk profile.